REVIEW: Hilton, Madrid Airport

I needed to stay overnight near the airport at Madrid, and selected the Hilton Madrid Airport for the night.

The hotel runs a shuttle bus to and from the airport. Whilst there is a timetable from the hotel, there is not from the airport. When eventually the coach/bus arrived at T4, it then wove its way back through the other terminals before getting to the hotel. It took about 30 minutes from pick-up to drop-off.

The hotel has an atrium layout which stretches to the roof, above the restaurant located on the Ground Floor.

I had been upgraded as a HHonors Diamond to a Executive Club King Room. Others report upgrades to suites, but this was not to be for me.

The room is large with floor to ceiling windows and effective air conditioning. There were two bottles of free water in the room, together with tea and coffee making facilities.

a collage of a bedroom and a room with a balcony

A comfortable chair and a desk were provided. I was able to get internet access as a Diamond booking through the Hilton web site. The reception gave me a code at check-in. The view was not spectacular as you can see through the window in the photo above.

The bathroom is separated from the bedroom by a glass wall. The room contained a (very) small bath tub and a separate shower and a glass basin.

a collage of a bathroom

The Executive Lounge was a few floors below and offers snacks in the evening and a light breakfast in the morning. Diamond’s are encouraged to have their breakfast in the restaurant.

a collage of a building and a reception

The snacks in the evening were fine but I remained hungry and ordered room service. It turned up in about 15 minutes and the food was very tasty. Tagliatelle with chicken and almonds, a crumble tart and plenty of bread were delivered.

a collage of food on a plate

Breakfast was fine, but several tour groups seemed to be eating at around the time I was there and the hot food ran out pretty quickly despite being replenished several times. I had a little to eat and left for an earlier bus than planned to the airport.

The bus to the airport was better organised with the driver finding our terminals and stopping only where we needed to go. I was at Terminal 4 in about 15 minutes this time.

a restaurant with a counter and people in the background


Comments are closed.