A few of my recent trips have enabled me to sample some of BA’s new catering offerings in Club Europe. Hailed as an improvement when they were launched, they were quickly mocked by many travellers. BA has beefed them up since then, but the portion size does seem smaller than before.
Below, in clockwise rotation from top left, you have:
- Dublin to London Heathrow, Breakfast – the usual Full English
- London Heathrow to Dublin, Breakfast – the usual Full English
- London City to Dublin, Dinner – spicy salmon and it was excellent.
Last weekend I travelled to Madrid from London Heathrow and was offered the poached eggs and cheese toastie pictured below as an alternative to the ‘Full English’ which would have been the same as the images above.
- London Heathrow to Madrid breakfast – really good and a nice change from Full English
- Amsterdam to Heathrow, afternoon (the famous Ploughmans)
- London City to Dublin – ordered the fish in error – not very nice
- London Heathrow to Amsterdam – Chicken and Tomato panini which was pretty tasty
The food is not too bad and at least there is a bit of variety now. Most flights had some sort of choice – even the breakfast ones often had a cold alternative.