The standard offer for a new Gold Amex card is 20,000 points when you spend £2k in the first three months of ownership. This offer credits 22,000 points for the same spend level. (I earn a modest points bump for each person who earns the 22,000 points).
Benefits of the Gold Card are:
- New Cardmember welcome bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points, when you spend £2,000 on your Card in your first three months, enough for one return flight to over 90 European destinations2
- Transfer points to 15 major frequent flyer and hotel programmes
- Earn two points on almost all your spend made while abroad3
- Earn two points for virtually every £1 spent at major petrol stations and supermarkets in your first year3
- Two complimentary airport VIP lounge passes every year5
- Cardmembers can enjoy access to a wide range of sought-after events, including music, theatre and film, often before tickets go on sale to the general public with American Express Invites
- Travel and shopping protection included with your Card6
Earn points and get the rewards you really, really want.
- Earn one Membership Rewards® point per full £1 spent on your Card3
- Earn two points on your travel spend, from plane fares to rail fares3
- Earn two points on almost all your spend while abroad3
- Earn two points for virtually every £1 spent at major petrol stations and supermarkets in your first 12 months3
- Celebrate your anniversary. Enjoy a Card renewal bonus of 7,500 extra bonus points4.
You can apply if:
- I am aged 18 or over
- I have a current UK bank or building society account
- I have a permanent UK home address
- I have a household income of at least £20,000
- I have no history of bad debt
- And if self-employed, I have been working for more than one year
- I understand I will not be eligible for any Welcome Bonus award if I hold or have held any Membership Rewards enrolled American Express Card in the past six months.
(You can get £10.50 cash back if you apply via this link rather than my one below.)