One of the better rewards for being a Hyatt Diamond Gold Passport member at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki is that they have waived the $30 per night resort fee.
This is gone from 1 January 2016.
It’s been confirmed that from this date, everyone staying at the property will have the fee added to their room rate and taxes at check-out.
Personally I loathe resort fees not least because they seem to cover services I never use. The one at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki is no different – these are the items covered:
- 2 bottles of water,
- Coupons from Hyatt Shops, Spa, and Restaurant,
- photo keepsake,
- in-room safe,
- complimentary local, 1-800 and International calls (up to 60 minutes) per day,
- discounted beach activities,
- local newspaper (Monday-Friday) pick up at the front desk,
- complimentary incoming faxes,
- Health Club access,
- resort cultural activities (lei making, hula, ukulele, guided cultural tour) Twilight Ceremony (Monday and Tuesday), Aquaponics Fish Feeding, Hula Show at the Beach Mound,
- Reusable Hyatt tote,
- guest request texting,
- access to beach amenities (beach chairs and towels)
I love the free incoming faxes – don’t remember the last time I sent a fax. The free phone calls is useful, but I tend not to spend my holidays making phone calls. And wow, I can use the safe in the room without charge.
I am pretty disappointed that a property that I had thought quite well of, have just added $30 a night to my stays.