Hidden amongst the bad news that Hand Baggage Only fares don’t get free seat selection from later in the month, were this month’s BA Avios offers.
* 1,000 point bonus if you join Heathrow Rewards and spend £25 in a day. Until 20 April 2015. Details of the offer are here. Of course, free membership of this scheme also gives you extended free WiFi at all Heathrow terminals. So if you are going through Heathrow this is well worth doing. The 1,000 points are worth £10 off a future purchase or 1,000 Avios, Virgin Flying Club, Miles and More or Etihad points. (Best value is the £10)
* 20% off pre-ordered watches and jewellery from the HighLife range of on-board shopping. Until 30 April 2015. Use code HLS20JW at check-out. Shop here. (2 avios per £1 too). You pre-pay and they bring it to your seat on the plane. Good way to do booze on the way back from a trip.
* Double Avios on Heathrow Express tickets if you book before 15 April and travel before 30 April 2015. (200 for Standard, 400 for Business First each way.) Book here.
* Buying through the online portal Gate 365 you can earn Double Avios on John Lewis purchases (until 31 March) – i.e. 4 per £1, or 4 per £1 at the Apple stores when accessed through Gate 365. You can also earn 12 Avios per £1 when shopping at Selfridges via the portal.
* Triple Avios at the Chic Outlet Shopping venues until 30 March – 15 Avios per £1 spend. More details here.
Hotel Extras, a web site that does deals on parking and hotels is also an Avios partner – who knew? £1 earns 5 Avios.
So in the gloom of all the BA changes there are some reasonable offers. I need a new fridge freezer and so will be buying it via the Gate 365 option from John Lewis as most of the Cashback portals no longer offer John Lewis.