I booked a hotel through Expedia.co.uk recently and noticed that the system no longer prompts you to enter your Nectar card. (For those who don’t know, Nectar is a UK-only retail points earning system, notable as being accepted at Sainsbury’s, eBay, BP etc.)
Well it seems that Nectar changed the way that you earn for Expedia.
From December 2018, you have to use the link within Nectar to earn points. (This is the page) Follow the link from there. The link takes you to a Nectar titled Expedia page.
As a reminder, earning is:
- 2 points per £1 – on package, hotel, car or activity bookings
- 1 point per £1 – on flight bookings
Detailed Terms and Conditions
- Nectar points are awarded on qualifying transactions completed online on the retailer’s site, only when accessed exclusively from eShops.
- Points are not awarded on taxes, card payment fee’s or any other additional charges
- Points are not awarded on purchases made using any voucher codes
- Rates are subject to change. Please also see the retailers standard terms and conditions for purchases as listed on their site.
- Offers are available for a limited period and subject to availability. Prices may change from time to time. Prices, Nectar points and other information are correct at time of publishing and subject to change without notice. Visit the retailer’s website for the latest prices and availability. Points will be awarded on the price applicable at time of purchase.
- Any transaction that is completed offline will not be eligible for this offer.
- Offer cannot be exchanged for cash or used with any other offer, voucher code, promotion or coupon. Offer is not transferable.
- View eShops terms and conditions
- Nectar points are awarded by Nectar and not the retailer so please contact us if you believe points have been incorrectly awarded to your account or if you believe you are due Points which have not been issued. However any claims must be made within 6 months after travel has been completed for us to investigate unissued Points, and then issue the points (if applicable).
- Note — cookies must be enabled in order for Nectar points to be allocated successfully. Read all about cookies
- Should you have any further questions, please read the FAQs.