BA has helpfully posted the whole PowerPoint slide pack from its recent Capital Markets Day. There is a link here.
Interesting messages from the slides include:
- By 2015 there will be less 747’s in the fleet, down to 39
- By 2015, there will 4 extra 777’s and 8 extra 787’s in the fleet.
- The A380 fleet expands to 9 by the same date
- They have 18 orders for the A350 and 50 options for that aircraft
- They are expecting 30 787’s and 3 A380’s in the period 2016-2011
- BA passengers numbers are expected to 40 million, back to 2002 levels.
- The presentation recognises that the 747 engines are becoming increasingly expensive to maintain
- Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 moves will occur in Summer 2015
- BA is the No.1 airline at Heathrow and London City and 2nd at Gatwick
- The 767’s will retire in 2016
- The Gatwick 737’s will retire in 2014 replaced with A319/A320’s
- They are adding 3 Embraer 190’s to City
- City Airport has the highest penetration of Gold and Silver Exec card holders
- They identify Electronic bag-tag and Pre-ordering of catering as innovation to drive returns
- By 2016 they expect to have 50 million known customers
- They are targeting that by 2015, 50% of web site users will buy a holiday, seats, baggage or an upgrade on line.
- The BA/AA/Finnair and IB joint venture has delivered 31.5% revenue increase and 1.7million extra passengers
- There is a lot of information on Iberia for those interested