I am in Mainz for the weekend and noticed on TV here a much under-reported story from Berlin yesterday.
Tegel Airport – the old Berlin airport that should have been closed months ago had the new Brandenburg airport been ready – was evacuated yesterday morning after 50 people became ill.
It appears that the cleaners had used the wrong type of disinfectant in one of the toilets overnight, causing Ammonia to be released.
“Fire fighters arrived at the scene to investigate the toilet, but upon entering the room they too became ill. ” reports The Local.
Full story here for those interested!