The latest decimation of bmi Diamond Club was notified by BA yesterday, and whilst we are unable to move our bmi miles to Avios, there are very few options for redemption available any longer. Note that in 2 days – Gifts and Treats will be gone too!
The latest indignities for Diamond Club members:
1. Earning and spending miles with partners
With immediate effect, the following partner benefits will no longer be available to Diamond Club members:
- Earning and spending your destinations miles on bmi hotels
- Earning and spending your destinations miles on car hire with Europcar
- Earning destinations miles with Purple Parking
- However, you can continue to earn destinations miles with all remaining partners until further notice. Please
- click here for further information.
Additionally, you will only be able to continue spending your destinations miles on Gifts and Treats until 17 June 2012.
Although we have announced a number of changes to the partner benefits today, we would like to confirm that you can continue to earn status miles on bmi flights with a bmi flight number and earn and spend your destinations miles on bmi and British Airways flights.
Gold and Silver members can also continue to access bmi and selected British Airways lounges at London Heathrow and London Gatwick.
2. Gold upgrade vouchers
If you are a Gold Diamond Club member in receipt of a Gold upgrade voucher, you will no longer be able to use this on any flights with immediate effect.
Disappointing that BA has chosen to impose these changes with incredibly little notice!