Transport for London who operate the buses, tubes and some overground trains for large parts of London have published their arrangements for Christmas and New Year.
On Christmas Day there are no tubes, overground trains and most buses will not operate. For those arriving at Heathrow there will be coaches to Central London as follows:
- There will be some services running, where special fares will apply.
- Travelcards, Saver tickets, Bus Passes and concessionary permits may not be valid on these services (for details please contact operators).
- Oxford Tube will operate a special service between Oxford and London Victoria until 1900, calling at Heathrow Airport Central bus station in both directions instead of Hillingdon station
- National Express Heathrow Hotel Hoppa routes
- Purple Parking – Park & Ride between Southall and Heathrow (all terminals)
- Tourist bus services provided by Premium Tours and Redwing Coaches
On Boxing Day there will be tubes and most buses running, but only from 08:30 and on a reduced timetable:
There will be a reduced service on most Tube lines from 08:30 and last trains will operate on a Sunday timetable. In addition there will be other service changes and closures as follows:
- Central line: Due to Network Rail engineering work:
- There will be no service between North Acton and Ealing Broadway. – replacement buses will operate between North Acton and Ealing Broadway via West Acton and Ealing Common
- There will be no services between Hainault and Woodford.
- Fairlop, Roding Valley, Chigwell and Grange Hill stations will be closed
- Circle and District lines: Cannon Street will be closed
- District line: No service between Earl’s Court and Kensington (Olympia). Upminster Bridge will be closed
- Bakerloo line: Marylebone and South Kenton will be closed
- Metropolitan line: No service between Baker Street and Aldgate before 1045 and after 1900. No Chiltern Railways service
- Metropolitan, Circle and Hammersmith & City Lines: Farringdon station will be closed for building work
- Northern line: No service between Edgware / East Finchley and Charing Cross / Kennington via Bank. Replacement buses will operate on some sections. No Mill Hill East service.
- Piccadilly line: North Ealing will be closed
- Waterloo & City Line: No services
On the buses all routes will operate a Sunday service.
- On 24 hour routes, buses will commence operation at approximately 06:00
- A Wednesday night service will operate on all 24 hour and Night bus routes
There will be no overground trains, and the Docklands Light Railway will start operating at 08:30. The Emirates AirLine will operate on a Saturday timetable.
On 27, 28, 29 December, most services operate on a Saturday service.
On 30 December there will be a Sunday service.