Annoucement in the secure area of the web site, but the highlights are:
- * Status Match to BA
- * Transfer Avios to/from Destination Miles
- * Access to BA lounges at LHR/LGW for Diamond Club members from today
- * Continuted Star Alliance lounge access until 31 May
- * Earning Star Alliance miles (except LH) until 31 May.
- * Book Star Alliance reward flights (except LH) until 31 May
- * Changes on Star Alliance rewards not possible after 31 May
Web site wording:
Still be able to enjoy the following Star Alliance benefits associated with your membership tier level until 31 May 2012.
- You will continue to earn membership status miles and earn and spend destinations miles on bmi and Star Alliance carriers (excluding Lufthansa Group airlines) until 31 May 2012
- For all Star Alliance carriers you will also be able to take advantage of your bmi and Star Alliance status benefits, including lounge access, priority check-in and priority boarding until 31 May 2012
- From 1 June 2012 any benefits associated with your tier membership and the ability to earn status miles and earn and spend destinations miles on Star Alliance airlines will end
- Star Alliance award bookings made before 31 May 2012 will be honoured
A new partnership with British Airways
We’re pleased to announce that Diamond Club members will benefit from a new partnership with British Airways from 20 April 2012.
- All members will be able to earn destinations miles on BA, for flights taken from 20 April 2012, and we will shortly introduce the option to spend your destinations miles on BA award flights
- From today, Diamond Club Gold and Silver members will be able to access the British Airways lounges at London Heathrow and London Gatwick, when flying with bmi or British Airways – please present your Diamond Club Gold or Silver card on arrival to gain access
As part of the transition of bmi into British Airways, from 1 May 2012 British Airways is inviting you, as a Diamond Club member, to also join the Executive Club at your equivalent tier status level.
Diamond Club Gold customers will be invited to become Gold members of the Executive Club and Silver members to become Silver, which will be in addition to your Diamond Club membership.
You will also be able to transfer your destinations miles to Executive Club Avios points at a rate of 1:1. British Airways will also be offering Executive Club customers the ability to transfer from Executive Club Avios points into destinations miles at a rate of 1:1. For example 100 destinations miles could be transferred into 100 Avios points and vice versa.
We are creating an online tool that will allow Diamond Club and Executive Club customers to undertake transfers, which will be available from 3 July 2012. We will contact you nearer that date to explain how the tool will work and how to access it.
When is the last date that I can make an award flight booking for a Star Alliance member flight?
The last date that a Diamond Club member can make an award flight booking on a Star Alliance airline is 31 May 2012.
Will my award flight booking be honoured after 31 May 2012?
Any award flights booked and ticketed, on a Star Alliance airline, on or before 31 May 2012 will be honoured.
Can I change my award flight booking after 31 May 2012?
The last time that you will be able to make a change to an award flight booking for travel on a Star Alliance airline is 31 May 2012.
If you need to make a change to an award flight booking after 31 May 2012 the booking would need to be cancelled because no changes can be made after this date.