When the Heathrow Express first started there was a different fare depending on whether you purchased your ticket on train or before you boarded. It now seems that there is yet another variation, whether you buy it online or at a ticket office/machine. So the most expensive rail journey I know of (in the world perhaps), per mile is even more complex. The pricing structure is
So it’s £1 per journey more from a machine or ticket office, or £5 per journey more if you buy it on the train.
Special Offer 1
I have been sent an offer for a reduced fare when 4 adults (or more) travel. Terms are as follows:
Family and Friends can save this Summer
Sit back and relax when you travel with your friends and family on the fastest way to or from Heathrow to Central London.
Travel with four people or more and you can save up to £40* on Express Class travel this Summer.
Simply use promotion code MYGROUP when booking with four or more.
* This is based on 9 people travelling together, making a saving of £4.75 per person.
Terms & Conditions
- Offer valid for bookings made for travel from 23 July 2012 to 9th September 2012
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer including rail card discounts
- A maximum of 9 people per transaction
- Offer available for adults and children
- Valid for Express class only
- Valid for single and return journeys
- Valid for groups of four or more
- All passengers must travel together
- Offer not valid via our mobile app or on-board sales
- Offer is non-refundable
A simple test one-way, using Standard Class yielded a discount of £18, effectively meaning one person travels free.
Special Offer 2
If you collect BAA Worldpoints, there is a special Triple Points offer (online booking only):