After earning 1,500 Tier Points (must include 4 BA flights) you are awarded Gold Status with BA. Your membership pack will arrive – complete with your shiny Gold Card and two luggage tags with leather bands to attach them to your luggage.
The key benefits of reaching Gold status are:
- First Class Lounge access with BA and oneworld partners. This is a benefit which is not mirrored in Star Alliance. The benefit includes one guest.
- 100% bonus Avios on flight earnings
- Access to BA’s Arrivals Lounge at Heathrow regardless of your class of travel.
- First Class check-in and boarding, including at London City Airport.
- oneworld Emerald Status
- Access to Fast Track lines where available
- Free seat selection at time of booking, except for Hand Baggage only fares. This includes everyone who is in the same booking as the Gold Member.
- Access to the Elemia Spa at Heathrow to JFK when travelling long haul from London
- Minimum of 2 pieces of checked luggage free of charge.
- Partner benefits with Mandarin Oriental, Avis and Langham hotels.
- At 2,500 Tier Points you get a Gold Upgrade Voucher for 2 and at 3,500 you get two Gold Upgrade Vouchers for one. These can be used on paid or reward tickets to upgrade your class of travel (subject to availability)
- You can transfer Avios to other members for no charge
- You have access to an enhanced inventory for reward redemptions
- No booking fees for priority rewards
At 5,000 Tier Points in a year you obtain Gold Guest List status and a Concorde Room card:
The GL in the top right corner shows that it is Guest List Card (GGL). A new card and bag tags are issued.
The additional benefits of GGL include:
- Priority access to a dedicated team of staff at the reservations centre. They are superb! In my experience they work to find a solution that works for you in every circumstance and will go out of their way to get out of problems when flights are cancelled or delayed.
- Ability to take two guests in the First Class lounges operated by BA
- 2 Silver Cards and 1 Gold Card to give to friends/family
- Diamond Hilton Hhonors membership
- Access to Gold Guest Redemptions. These are very useful and can be applied to redemption tickets or upgrades in any cabin. For up to 5 people BA will release upgrade or reward space even if none is available to other members. There are limits – there needs not to have been 5 other people who have used this benefit. You secure 2 of these at time of qualification or re-qualification. You can also pick them as a reward – see below. These tickets book in A, D, T, B classes.
- At 7,000 8,000 and 9,000 Tier Points you can pick one of 50,000 bonus Avios, or one Gold Guest Redemption or one upgrade certificate for two
- To review GGL you need to earn 3,000 points in each subsequent year. (The 5,000 points are needed to earn GGL in the first place)