The CAA, UK’s regulator, is looking for new members of it’s Consumer Panel. It describes the panel as follows:
The Panel is looking for members who are committed to helping the CAA fully understand, and take account of the interests of consumers in its policy development and decisions. We want people who will ensure that the Panel’s advice is evidence-based. We want people who can combine their expertise and experience of consumer issues with an understanding of the commercial world, and apply these in a practical way to the range of regulatory issues the CAA deals with, such as economic regulation, competition policy and consumer protection and empowerment.
The requirements are:
Panel members are expected to have relevant, senior-level experience, and meet most, if not all, of the following criteria:
- Track record of significant achievement in, or relevant experience of, consumer issues, in particular of how they are shaped by regulation and policy
- Understanding of how and when competition can work in the interests of consumers
- Understanding of the law relating to the CAA’s area of regulatory responsibility
- Strong communication skills to make an effective contribution to the discussions of a high level public body, ideally gained from Board-level roles at a national body of a similar size and influence
- Track record of commissioning or producing independent research
- Knowledge or experience of the issues facing consumers who find it difficult to get the products and services they need from ‘mainstream’ providers
The salary is described as ‘competitive’ and there is a minimum requirement of 12 days per annum.
To apply please email a CV and covering letter setting out how you meet the role specification and why you would like to join the CAA Consumer Panel to James Tallack, Consumer Panel Secretary (email@example.com). If you have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, please contact James by email or on 020 7453 6734.