Transport for London has announced that there will be a major strike by bus drivers in London next Tuesday, 13 January.
Bus services will be affected between 00:01 and 23:59 on Tuesday 13 January – affecting services throughout Tuesday and night bus services into the early hours of Wednesday.
You should expect the tubes and trains to be much busier than normal as people walk to their other means of transport.
The following ticket acceptance arrangements will apply:
- Bus & Tram Pass season tickets will be accepted on London Underground, DLR and London Overground services via reasonable routes
- Bus & Tram Pass season tickets will not be accepted on National Rail, Emirates Airline or MBNA Thames Clipper services
- One Day Bus & Tram Passes will not be accepted on any alternative services and refunds will not be given
- Bus Savers will not be accepted on any alternative services
- 11-15 and 16+ Oyster photocards will be accepted on London Underground, DLR and London Overground via reasonable routes
- PAYG users will be charged the appropriate fare for the journey for the service(s) and zones used and these fares will not be refunded
- Bus & Tram Pass season ticket holders and 11-15/16+ Oyster photocard holders wishing to travel on London Underground, DLR and London Overground should present their Oyster card to a member of staff. Where there is a valid Bus & Tram Pass or Zip Oyster photocard it will be accepted for travel. Customers should not touch in or out as they will be charged a PAYG fare, which will not be refunded
- There is no change for those under 11 wishing to travel on LU, DLR or London Overground services. They should either use a 5-10 Oyster photocard, be travelling with a fare-paying adult or buy a child rate ticket