I checked in to the Hyatt Regency Waikiki last night for a quick one night stay and found that, quite quietly, they had enhanced the benefits for being a Diamond Gold Passport member – Hyatt’s top tier of membership. All hotels offer free breakfast and free internet to Diamond members and some go further.
During my stay in August, I noted that the Hyatt Regency Waikiki was offering 50% off their resort fee for Diamond member.
Now it’s totally gone for Diamond members of Gold Passport!
Well done Hyatt Regency. But wait…..their are a list of other benefits being offered now:
- Welcome lei
- 20% discount on pool cabana rentals
- 15% off food at SHOR
- Free sushi plate at Japengo – where I ate on my last visit
- 15% off for Room Service orders – whow!
- Extended Happy Hour at SWIM (4pm-7pm daily)
- 50% off cocktails in the Regency Club
- Free Na Ho ola Spa amenity with any treatment
- $25 off a minimum of 2 day car rental with Hertz
I have to say I am impressed!
When asked for a comment, their General Manager, Jerry Westenhaver said:
“Our Diamond Members are experienced travelers. They know luxury and value and we recognize that their opinions are reflections of the services we are providing to all of our guests.”
I know other Diamonds will welcome the removal of the Resort Fee – as for the rest, it does make me feel even more welcome at this property.